I am proud to announce that today I released pharc v.7.0. It only includes some minor changes as you can read in the changelog:
* pharc v.7.0
* Updating permissions for gophernicus.
The thing is, when we had bucktooth as gopher server, it was ok to have permissions 750 for directories and 640 for files. This is not the case anymore with gophernicus. It needs 755 and 644 permissions.
This is not a great deal, it was pretty easy to run these lines I found on sdf's gopher tutorial:
$ find ~/gopher/ -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644 $ find ~/gopher/ -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755
But it had to be done manually and after that you had to chmod +x your
moles again to work.
Like I said, this was not a huge problem but I had to do something about it.
So now the problem seems to be fixed for good.
One more important change is that since I had to update the wiki for version 7.
I added the wiki to the gopherhole. So from now on you can find both resources
(the source code and the wiki) on the web and on gopherspace.
On the web: