I have not really written very much about sdf-eu yet. As far as I can remember there is just one post named sdf-eu and a couple of posts named sdf.
Well, probably the reason why I have not written much about it is that I spend a lot of time at it.
It is true. I log into my shell account at sdf-eu every single day. The reasons for doing that are countless and if you want to know more about it you will definitely have to visit sdfeu.org, make an account and see for yourself.
All I can say is that having a shell account at sdf-eu is a fantastic thing to have.
What I do there everyday:
- Learn from practice and experience about *nix operating systems.
- Use tmux to have several processes running at the same time.
- Use irssi proxy to get in touch with computer savvy people.
- Electronic mail.
- Use gopher and keep a phlog.
- ssh into other servers.
- Bridge connections from my house to my flat.
- Read and write on the bboard.
- Create and edit files.
- Have a mirror of my website.
- Browse the web, use ftp...
- And so on and so forth...
The list of things that you can do is not limited to the few examples I have just included here. There are many more things that you can do but it is very difficult to explain it to someone who can not even imagine what this is all about.
I sometimes like to think of sdf-eu as an interactive shared server, but again if you can read my enthusiasm from between the lines you will realize that, even again, it is much more than that. It is like a family :-)
<3 u all guys :-p